Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Why You Should Never Throw Away Your Kids Toys!

















I have a little confession to make - I am a pack rat! I have kept quite a few of our kids old Fisher Price toys, from their childhood. My son was even worse than I am - as I was putting things out for a garage sale, when we moved from up north, he was sneaking them back into the house LOL! He liked to keep EVERYTHING and he always took great care of his toys. Many of our friends have rolled their eyes, when they noticed the totes of toys in our basement YEARS after our kids were grown and gone. Well, today I have been redeemed!

Our grandson is extremely active. It's a constant mission to keep him occupied when he's at our house, and we try not to sit him in front of the television. Today, he surprised us with a visit, as it was Papa's birthday and he wanted to play with Papa's tools, as ususal. My husband was on his way to work , so he couldn't surpervise Corson.

My niece and I recently did some re-aranging in our basement, since our move last fall, and I knew just what to surprise Corson with - our son's Fisher Price helecopter, Adventure Van and all the little men that come with it! I must admit, I wasn't sure how he would like them - our wee boy has just about every technical toy on the market - did he even have an imagination? Well, Nanny rules, because his eyes popped open when he saw them and he couldn't get to them fast enough. It was really a treat to see him play with a toy that he had to manually control, not one that controlled him, and in minutes he was making a realistic helicopter sound. So ladies, don't throw out all of your kids toys - someday they will come in handy!

I think the pictures say it all, and Corson was a very sad boy when he had to leave, but the toys will be waiting for him another day, along with lots more items. So Neal, if you read this, Corson is waving to you to say "thanks for your toys", Uncle Neal!

2 comments:

Eve Pottinger said...

I am just the opposite of the author's point of view. I will throw them away as waste toys. I don't like toys everywhere in the house. I can't stand the messy room.

Brenda said...

Everybody has to do what feels right for them but I don't consider an entire alter noon of play time activity, a waste. They are stored in the basement t when no one is here to play with them 😊