Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Roses




















My husband, Neil, has always loved roses in a garden. When we moved to our current house last summer, it was obvious that the garden needed a really good overhaul. There was only one spot that was obvious for planting the roses, and it meant digging up a virtual hedge of evening primroses. So, this spring we did just that, and went on our hunt for the "perfect" rose bushes.

I love the pastel roses and miniature roses and he likes the brighter, bolder ones - why can't we just agree on one thing LOL! (although I seem to have managed quite a few pastel ones). Anyway, after hitting the local nurseries and much deliberation, we finally added the first of our roses to the garden and they seem really happy. Once they have matured, the bushes at the back will be as tall as 3-4 feet and those in front will will remain smaller. I've added a few pictures and I hope they brighten your day - I'm sure there will be more to come in the future.

No comments: