Thursday, October 23, 2008

TWO NEW BEARS!

What a month! I have finally finished two more bears that I thought I would list here. Although these two bears don't look too different, I've changed the patterns, to emulate what I feel is a more antique style. I am forever trying to make that "perfect" bear that emulates what I love about the old teddies. I have also changed my stuffing methods and although I am still using excelsior, I am adding a granulate that gives it a more aged feel. They are much squishier - if that is a word - :o) I hope you enjoy them.

1. "MacNaughton" is a bit bigger than usual - he is a wopping 6 2/3 inches! I seem to be getting larger all the time. He is made from semi-distressed, hand-dyed German mohair that has been extensively aged (that means bald spots!). He has a longer body than usual, short legs (like the old Steiff) and he is stuffed with excelsior and granulate. "MacNaughton's" face, ears and paws have been shaded with permanent heat-set paints, for a vintage look. He has German amber glass eyes, distressed leather paw pads and is adorned by a simple vintage red silk bow around his neck. Shipping within North America is $12.00 Expedited mail or $15.00 UPS. Please contact me for international shipping.
SOLD



2. "Miss Tilly" is 6 inches and is made from semi-distressed, cream German mohair that has also been extensively aged, leaving a few bare spots. She has amber German glass eyes and a lightly waxed nose. "Miss Tilly" has been stuffed with excelsior and granulate, for a nice squishy feel. Her face, ears and paws have been shaded with permanent heat-set paints, for a vintage look. She has distressed wool felt paw pads with tiny holes for the excelsior to show through and is adorned by a simple vintage pink silk bow around her neck. Shipping within North America is $12.00 Expedited mail or $15.00 UPS. Please contact me for international shipping.
SOLD




3. I am also offering a hand made hallowe'en hat and ruffle, along with a reproduction pail (filled with mini pumpkins, mini leaves and hallowe-en confetti. The hat is made from heavy paper, trimmed with layers of black, orange and white crepe paper. The complimentary ruffle is made of the same colours of crepe paper. This is suitable for a 4-5 inch bear.
PRICE: SOLD

I will finally be updating my etsy shop tomorrow, with more soldered jewelry and mini shadow boxes. The following picture is a sample of what I will be listing. I have some new Alice in Wonderland and Flower Fairy pieces this time. I hpe you have time to check out my shop http://www.duffyantiques.etsy.com/





















































4 comments:

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Wow Brenda, you have been a busy gal. I just love those bears ~ I certainly think you have perfected the old bear look. They are adorable!

Looking forward to your Etsy listings too.

Hugs, Karen

Louise Peers said...

Lovely bears Brenda ,really like them .Hope you are well :)
hugs,
Louise X

Bumpkin Hill said...

love these two bears, gorgeous :) Hugs, Catherine x

v said...

Looks like everyone of them is sold, Brenda. Wow, that's great.