Saturday, November 21, 2009

HOW FAST THEY GROW UP

It has become VERY apparent to me this fall, that children grow up far too fast. Our 5 year old grandson, Corson, has managed so many milestones these past 4 months, I'm lost track of them all! He learned to ride a two wheeled bike, he played soccer, his first stint at organized sports, he mastered reading and he is learning how to play hockey. Corson has gone from a small boy who has grown out of all his clothes, to a tall big boy, who is only a couple of inches below my shoulders, a fact he relishes. Yes, he's right, it won't be long until he is patting me on the head.

We go the the local rink each week, to watch his team at practice and games. It's fun to watch this large group of boys, who were unco-ordinated, just a few weeks ago, mastering stick handling skills, learning to stop, skating and then diving onto the ice and getting right back up. They have improved tremendously. Our son didn't like hockey, so we never had this chance with him, so it's all very new to me, but I think we are going to be spending a lot of time in a rink, over the next several years.

So, I'm posting a few pictures of Corson on the ice and with his new team jacket and pants. I should also say how much he loves posing for pictures - he chose all of his poses, to show off his new "cool" duds. Maybe we should add modeling to his activities :o)!!!


No comments: