Monday, May 3, 2010

ALMOST MISSED THEM!

Wow, spring has sprung, so they say LOL! Every year, I look forward to seeing the trilliums and wakerobins come into bloom - they usually appear by the May 24th weekend. This year the weather has been wacky - hardly any snow, it got warm VERY early and then cold again. We were on holidays in Pennsylvania last week and hubby had knee surgery when we returned, so it's been hectic here. The other evening, we were out for a drive and Neil noticed some trilliums in bloom - I couldn't believe it as it was barely the end of April. So when I came home, I checked our yard and there they were, in full bloom. If we hadn't seen the ones on our drive, I would have totally missed the ones in our yard. So I snapped some quick pictures, before they're gone :o) Hope you enjoy them.

I have also been trying to finish a few bears for an update. I finally have the basic bears done, now I just have to decide what I want to do with them. One of them is my first coloured bear - the softest sea green! Here's a quick peek - any suggestions gratefully accepted. :o)

2 comments:

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Everything does seem early this year! A month early :) Your pics and bears are wonderful!

Karen

Brenda said...

Your right Karen - everything is really early this year. I'm glad Neil noticed that the trilliums were out!

Brenda