Friday, February 4, 2011

MINIATURE PETER RABBIT

 This little fellow is a commission piece and he has taken me forever.  Even though he turned out spendidly, and I love his little face, I've decided not to do commission pieces anymore.  It takes me twice as long, when I am working towards someone else's approval, even though it may be something I've done before.   Soooo, even though I hate to disappoint customers, there will be no more stress for me - I will make only what I fancy :o)

Peter is just 3 inches tall and made from antique mohair.  He is hand painted with many layers of permanent fabric paints and is fully jointed, with german glass eyes.  He is stuffed with excelsior and has ultra-suede ears and foot pads.  Peter has a removable  hand made jacket (with hand made buttons and carrots) and tiny shoes made from wood and leather.  Peter fits inside his little collectible embossed tin. I hope you enjoy him :o)

10 comments:

Waynestonbears said...

Hi Brenda, wow you are so talented, you did such a wonderful job to create such a small peter bunny.

I love everything about him and the cute tin container.

Hugs,
Wayne

Brenda said...

Aww, thank you so much, Wayne :o)

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

He is as sweet as can be. Such a beloved bunny Peter is. I love how you bring him to life.

ginger@bearbits said...

Hi Brenda,

He is exquisite - such a wonderful likeness and beautiful detail.

Lucky the person who requested him.

~ginger

Brenda said...

I really appreciate your lovely comment, Joanne :o)

Brenda said...

Thank you, Ginger :o)!

Leny said...

Great work,really adorable!

Hugs,
Leny

Brenda said...

Thank you, Leni :o)

Katy Cameron said...

He's fabulous, but I can understand the pressure commission pieces must cause, having just accepted my first commission!

Brenda said...

Thanks Katy! I don't know why commissions affect me so much. The drain all of my creativity. I loved how Peter turned out but there will be no more commissions for me :o) Good luck with yours! ;o)